Do you agree with what this guy says about Linux?

Thread: Do you agree with what this guy says about Linux?

Smile

He seems to have a chip on his shoulder, but much of what he says seems to be about right. There are issues that developers are not addressing and that really do need looking at; for example installing new packages is often not a simple task. When installing a complete system from DVD it is great, it is stable, it is easy to use, it is wonderful - but updating is still sometimes problematic and installing new programs can be a nightmare. There are other problems that don't seem to get fixed, audio and video support as an example. Why not? I have no idea, but he is right on that. The future does need some more co-operation between developers to get the reported issues covered before moving on and to ensure that the "fixes" do not create new problems. We don't want another MicroSoft Windows situation!
    I still use my ZX81 and am proud of it! (and my Spectrum 2+, Dragon 32, Commodore 64, Amstrad 1512 and 1640). I really don't need my Pentium calculators.

I have to agree with Maulwurf. The guy does seem a bit POed, and I don't think linux is quite as bad as he says. But, alot of issues do need to be addressed. But, M$ is the reason behind alot of them not being taken care of. The hardware manufacturers need to realize that linux is growing every day and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So they need to get onboard and help with the creation of Drivers for Linux.

I really like the stability of linux and am growing more and more fond of it all the time. I'm totally linux now and have been for about 7 months or so. Installing anything that isn't in the Package manager is a major pain most times.

So I'd have to say I agree and Disagree with the guy in the vid.

Well LINUX is certainly BETTER than the latest Windows releases!

Thread Information