[RESOLVED] Looking 4 database program similar to Filemaker Pro

Thread: [RESOLVED] Looking 4 database program similar to Filemaker Pro

Resolved [RESOLVED] Looking 4 database program similar to Filemaker Pro

I've been using Filemaker Pro v.3 a long time, and lately I've had problems with file damage, sluggish file opening and having to restore/retype info. Since I don't plan to spend $$$ for a Filemaker upgrade, does anyone know of an inexpensive (or free), easy-to-use program that allows me to import data, includes ready-made templates or allows template creation with calculations, automatic numbering, etc.? I need invoice, packing list, envelope, label and other templates for business. TIA.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Open Office is good freeware Office product. It has everything M$ version has and works well with all operating systems. Their database is simply called "Base". You can download it here.

Here's a link to what it includes:

http://www.openoffice.org/product/

Not quite what I had in mind

Thanks for your input, and Openoffice seems quite popular and I may try it in the future. But since I learned that I'd have to download the entire suite (although I wouldn't have to install every feature), it seems like I'd have to spend considerable time customizing everything. I like using MS Office for now and don't want to consume too much HD space. But thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    Open Office is good freeware Office product. It has everything M$ version has and works well with all operating systems. Their database is simply called "Base". You can download it here.

Here's a link to what it includes:

http://www.openoffice.org/product/

Thread Information