[RESOLVED] Can I restore a deleted account in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can I restore a deleted account in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Resolved [RESOLVED] Can I restore a deleted account in Windows 7 (64-bit)

OMG. Made a big blunder but hope there is some solution. And i just checked and the last restore point is 3 days old...

By mistake and while logged in with another administrator account, I deleted a Windows account of another administrator. Is there any way to undo and recover the deleted account.

Please hlp. OMG, what was I thinking
    Last edited by morland; April 7th, 2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Entered details about last restore point

Try the restore point you mentioned.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks Steve.

The only available restore point is 3 days old and if I restore it, I will end up loosing all the files and stuff which the other account did/make/download in the last 3 days. I know this is the last resort but prior to that I want to request and explore if there is any possibility (even 1&#37.

During the deletion you were asked about keeping the files? I'm guessing you you said no?

Hopefully you've stopped using the machine. Even each and every temp internet file can reduce your chances of ever seeing the files.

I would slave the drive to another machine and install this. (if it's works on win7)

Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
    http://www.recuva.com/

Thanks (again). No I have not switched of that PC since I made the big blunder and totally ignored all the warning messages that were displayed while I thought I was deleting some other account.

Will try Recuva otherwise just recover from the last available recovery point.

Normally, System Restore should not lose any files, all you might lose is settings changes, etc. However, it would definitely be best to try Recuva first, as recovering deleted accounts is a bit outside what Sys Restore is normally used to do.
    Nick.

Hi,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the late feedback. Just shutdown the PC and stayed away from it for a good # of hours. Unfortunately and since I could not find a solution, I ended up restoring the only available restore point and gave up. Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Now would be a good time to develope a backup plan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Now would be a good time to develope a backup plan
    Yes indeed. I've had a drive fail on me just this week, but I'm not concerned about the data on it, because it's backed up, and then backed up some more
    Nick.

Thread Information