Installed 500GB HDD, not seen in Windows Explorer

Thread: Installed 500GB HDD, not seen in Windows Explorer

Installed 500GB HDD, not seen in Windows Explorer

MSI P-35 Platinum/ Intel-2.4- Q6600 Quad/ 3.2GB DDR/ Windows Home 32bit (SP3)

I've spent all day wiping the hard drive,installing Windows Home 32Bit (after having other problems with last O.S.) installed all the MSI Utilites,drivers,software and hardware,then I shut-down,and hooked up my SATA WD 500GB HDD. I looked in the BIOS and it showed both drives..74GB Raptor Sata 5, and WD 500GB Sata 6 in the Bios.

I went to hardware wizard clicked on "already installed hardware" and chose WD500 GB HDD, it said it was working perfectly/

I then went into DEVICE MANAGER and saw the two drives in DISK DRIVES, but when I go into the Windows Explorer Folder and look under MY COMPUTER, all I see is the one 74GB raptor,where all my apps are on. I need this 500GB for storage. I must have a brainfart and too tired to realize if I missed a step in installing this second HDD.

Please Help. Thanks! I don't remember getting an install CD with this HDD.

If the drive is a new one out of the box, it will need to be partitioned and formatted using Disk Management.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

This procedure hasn't changed since Windows 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by rivrbyte View Post
    ... SATA WD 500GB HDD... I looked in the BIOS and it showed both drives..74GB Raptor Sata 5, and WD 500GB Sata 6 in the Bios...
    If the WD is a SATA hard disk drive,
    Double check that no jumpers are on.
    Cheers.

Thread Information