I already have Full McAfee Security that came with my ATT DSL, I've run both the Quick scan and the Full scan and found nothing. These annoying pop ups are terrible. This is what I'm getting non-stop.....
Beware, Spy ware was found, and your computer is now being attacked.
Infection detected in background.
Your data security may be compromised.
Your PC activity is being monitored."

"Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!
Do you want to block this attack?"..options>
1) Please get a copy of XP INTERNET SECURITY 2010 to safeguard your PC while surfing the web (RECOMMENDED)
2) Run a spyware virus, and malware scan
3) Continue surfing without any security measures (DANGEROUS)"
Three of the threats: “Macro.Visio.Radiant”, “Trojan.BNK.WIN32.Keylogger.gen”, and EICAR-test-file”

What stupidity! Yeah, I’m going to believe this is really happening and download the virus, malware, and spyware from the so-called XP INTERNET SECURITY 2010 people, and indeed download and welcome the potential hacker right into my pc!!!! Are you kidding me? These people should get a real job with integrity and stop messing with other people’s computers and lives! This is very shameful!!! This is so sad how individuals and companies wreck havoc with the ordinary person minding his or her own business, and suddenly gets bombarded with fake internet security come on ads.

I’m very careful about what sites I visit, and run frequent scans with usually no risks, AND I recently was so frustrated about not being able to remove the last instance, I had to feverishly wipe my hard drive clean, and reinstall XP OS, all my programs, updates, drivers, documents, music and photos because of this crap! So I ask you honestly, and seriously….
HOW DO YOU HAPPEN TO GET THIS ON YOUR COMPUTER in the first place?

Most “help” sites I’ve seen to remove this intrusion software has you downloading another file of their own like “Spydoctor”, or “Malwarebytes Anti Malware”, to remove such problematic heartaches. Is there a way to remove this myself, WITHOUT downloading yet another possible misleading threat?