Permissions and Notifications

Thread: Permissions and Notifications

Permissions and Notifications

Can I turn off the dialog that asks:
    'Do you want <prog_name> to make changes to this computer'?

I'm the Administrator but I get a dialog requesting admin permission or permission from the TrustedUser for almost everything I do, including changing the name of an icon!

Why do I get that if I'm the Administrator? How do I make myself the 'EvenMoreBetterTrustedUser'?

Can I turn off the dialog box that appears every time you put a DVD or CD in the drive?

Thanks - rev

For the CD question, go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Autoplay and you will find all kinds of options in there. Personally, I just uncheck "Use Autoplay for all media and devices" and it gets rid to the dialog completely.

Got to look into the other one, you have changed a setting somewhere, my Win 7 rigs don't behave like that.
    Nick.

Found it! In Control Panel>User accounts, click "Change user account control settings" then move the slider. Default is the second notch from the top.
    Nick.

Thanks, the first was fine but when I changed the User Account Settings I got a notification! 'Do you want User Account Settings to make changes, etc'

Probably have to reboot, but that had me giggling...

Thread Information