LaCie Ethernet Agent stopped working

Thread: LaCie Ethernet Agent stopped working

LaCie Ethernet Agent stopped working

Got a problem that is baffling me and the LaCie support team cannot provide any answers:

I recently bought a LaCie Networked Attached Storage disc (1 Tb) which I connected to the router (Netgear DG834PN) and configured successfully, using the executable provided by LaCie "Ethernet Agent". This executable allows all the usual set up including password change, enabling of FTP, NAS name, etc., but about 10 days ago it suddenly ceased to work. Apart from my desktop PC (Vista Home) the LEA executable is also intalled on 2 laptops in the house, and it will not work from them either. All that happens when the executable is run, is a flash of the egg-timer type thing, and then nothing. No error messsages, nothing.

I have added the LaCie Agent to my DEP executables; I have tried accessing the hard disc via the IP address (not found); and obviously I have uninstalled and re-installed th file from the CD, but nothing. LaCie suggested I used another program called LaCie Network Assistant, and that doesn't work either. I also tried switching off the Kaspersky Firewall too, but still nothing.

But I can access, copy, and remove, all the files on the NAS without any problems, which currently has about 53 Gb stored on it. Any ideas would be most helpful.

If LaCie's support cannot fix it, it is warranty replacement time, assuming it is still under warranty.

RESOLVED

Thanks for the reply jcd2000, but I have got a work-around which is enough for me for the moment. For anyone else who might encounter this problem, this is what happened:
    Today I booted up my PC and received a message that Windows had blocked some executables. I checked the list of applications and found that LaCie Ethernet Agent was shown as "Not Yet Investigated".
    However, I found that the LaCie icon had returned to the taskbar, and if I right-click on the icon I had a choice of options, one of the options "Web Access..." allows me to log in to the NAS configuration. But trying to run the LEA from the desktop will still not work.
    Clearly this is a Windows security update issue, but I can at least now configure my NAS and as such I can mark this as resolved.

Thanks for the update. It looks like you have some sort of security software that is blocking LaCie's software on startup.

For what it's worth, the actual classification from Windows Defender is "Not Yet Classified".

A Windows Defender issue - not surprising.

Thread Information