Vista-32bit Driver_Power_State_Failure

Thread: Vista-32bit Driver_Power_State_Failure

Vista-32bit Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hi,

i have the following blue screen occurring everytime i try to shut down the PC. It just hangs in shut down untill th blue screen appears with the information Driver_Power_State_Failure
    0x0000009F (0x00000004, 0x00000258, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have found a load of similar problems in the web, but not any quite the same. How do i go about in finding the true cause or driver which is causing this ?

Would really appreciate the help.

Do you have IEEE 1394-based device connected? if so do you have the patch? Use Windows update to find.

Do you have a SD card inserted and left in when shutting down?
    Please do not use "PM" for personal help, post in forum so everybody can learn

Quote Originally Posted by Murf View Post
    Do you have IEEE 1394-based device connected? if so do you have the patch? Use Windows update to find.

Do you have a SD card inserted and left in when shutting down?
    Sorry no. Neither of those.

It is a Lenovo T500 Laptop (fairly new) with Vista 32bit. I have recently installed drivers from a WD ShareSpace (4GB) (connected via LAN) and drivers from a DELL printer. The DELL Printer is connected via USB over a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270 with a kind of USB-Passthrough.

It all seemed to work fine, but the WD ShareSpace kept asking for the drivers everytime you booted up. When i deinstalled the Software from Western Digital i started getting the blue screens and actually right now the Laptop doesn't even boot up anymore :/ - stays black.

Before i shut down last time i saw that the driver of the AVM (Fritz!Box) for that USB-Passthrough had no verification (sigverif). I would like to check that this is really the faulty driver or driver thats causing the problem if i get the thing running again.

Error message when you put a Windows Vista-based computer to sleep while a PPP connection is active: "STOP 0x0000009F" (Fix [download] available)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931671

?

I have a notebook HP Compaq 6530b and I've facing the same issue. During shutdown the notebook hangs and after a long period the Blue Screen appears with the following message: Driver_Power_State_Failure.

I have an internal hard drive and a 128 MB SD Memory Card which is permanently connected and the problem appears.

Also, in everytime when I connect an external hard drive (Seagate PN 9NN2A3-500) the problem appears.

I am not sure if the problem is related to a driver (SD memory, External hard drive...) or to a Windows Service Pack update.

Remove the 128 MB SD Memory Card and reboot a couple times and let us know what happens.

Driver power state faillure

Hi,
    i have the exact same issue with same HW but without any cards or other HW connected
    In my specific case this problem is hapening only on the second time i will put my laptop on hibernate or sleep, only then i will not be able to shutdown properly.
    In addition also in the second time i will try to put my laptop to hibernate/sleep i will not retreive from one of those status (hibernate or sleep) and will receive a black screen forcing me to have a hard shutdown
    Thanks for your help
    Best regards

I gave up on hibernate/sleep as I never could get them to work right either.

Thread Information