Problem with NAS-ETH3.5 - EzeStor - Network Attached Storage Caddie‏

Thread: Problem with NAS-ETH3.5 - EzeStor - Network Attached Storage Caddie‏

Problem with NAS-ETH3.5 - EzeStor - Network Attached Storage Caddie‏

Hello,

I have a NAS-ETH3.5 - EzeStor - Network Attached Storage Caddie that I recently bought. I had a spare 320 samsung ide hard disk so I thought to use it as a NAS. I connect the Ezestor with the modem/router (thomson with 4 ports) and it is not recognised (although the hard disk is spinning fine) even though I used two different network cables in case one of them was faulty and in two different ports of the modem/router (I don't see anything connected to the ports of the modem/router that I install it to). I also used it in two different switches on the same network (my home network), in several ports and again with two different cables. Nothing is happening, the NAS is not recognised anywhere I connect it to. Why is that? Do you have a suggestion??

I have to mention that the light on the router/switches...is on, which also means that the router/switches 'see' the NAS, but why is not recognised and assigned an IP finally??

I would be gratefull if you had a link to the user manual because I have lost it? If not, can you please tell me if and when it is recognised, how to get access to it? Will I use its IP address that will be assigned to it by the router? What is the way to connect to it?

Please try to give me a suggestion about the problem because I need it working urgently!

Thank you very much in advance for your help!!

thank you, i had seen all that..they were not helpful and dynamode.net is dead nowadays, their emails are dead as well. i found my way around it though..it is working fine. only thing now is to learn how to connect to it through ftp, because its my first nas and i dont know how to do it. i can connect to it locally through samba but i also want to it from my work, so i have to learn how to do it by ftp. any suggestions-tutorials maybe?

That unit is probably running some form of linux. What happens when you open a Command Prompt and enter: "ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (substitute the IP address of the NAS device)?

Thread Information