CreateDevice Failed
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CreateDevice Failed

CreateDevice Failed

Hey there.

I just installed a new game on my computer, Wonderking. The game works nice and smoothe on my Regular Computer, but now I want to relocate it onto my laptop.

My laptop has always been able to play most video games, not to mention thet Wonderking is only a 2D sidescrolling game. It doesn't need a super computer.

But whenever I try to open the game, the patcher works fine, but when I start it it's just black for a few seconds and then a popup comes up that says "CreateDevice Failed" nothing more. Thats all it says.

Any ideas?

First let's start with the basics: Did you uninstall and then reinstall the game?

Edit: I would also see about downloading the latest graphics drivers for your laptop if it's been awhile..
    Last edited by bistro; July 9th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

From a quick search it appears to be to do with the graphics card, so I'd definitely try Bistro's suggestion and update the drivers.
    Nick.

Thanks for suggestions you guys.

As for the graphics card thing... This is what card it says:

Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express.

I went to the intel site and got the card updated. That was a few days ago. I didn't uninstall it and reinstall it yet. Should I?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zephinie View Post
    ... the patcher works fine, ...
    ?
    Cheers.

The game has a patcher that pops up when you enter the game. It just updates the game to make it ready to play.

i got the same problem with the same game...i format my computer yesterday to see if was some virus or something but nop...doesnt work yet...>.<

Nice to know I'm not the only one with the problem. My OS is Windows XP if anybody needed to know. Am I going to have to go buy a new graphics card? Heres the system requirements if you need to see them: I'm playing the japanese version though (same requirements) I have japanese language pack.

http://wonderking.ndoorsgames.com/ce...e_download.asp

EDIT: I also re-installed. Nothing. :/
    Last edited by Zephinie; July 10th, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Before you run out and spend moolah on a graphics card....

Two people with the same exact problem with a game download doesn't sound like an internal problem...it is likely the client download at the site. Have you contacted those folks with the problem?
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

I've talked to tons of people that have downloaded it, it works fine with them. And like I said before. This works fine on my regular hard drive computer. I'm talking about my laptop.

I also just realized this could be posted in a diferent section. (sorry) :O

my OS its xp service pack 3 and i have a gforce mx4000 with the latest drivers but it wont work...and i got a friend who was playing few days ago...

I've been thinking and I'm pretty sure its my graphics card is the reason I can't play it. That, or somebody told me CreateDevice is a DirectX error.

>.< i just wnna play!! dont really care about it just help me to fix it >.<

Ok, I'm debating on weather or not it could be my graphics card. Because, I just realized I can play other games on here with the same card requirement. I really think I should give up on this, I've done this on multiple forums and I always get the same answers and none of em work.

You might try downloading and installing another copy of DirectX 9.0c...that might fix any corrupt or missing DirectX files you may have.

Thread Information