[RESOLVED] No human contact - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] No human contact

jdc2000:
    Never heard of it. How do you do it?
    Thanks,
    notnoid

jdc2000:
    I could have sworn that I replied to your suggestion yesterday??? But my reply is not here. Anyway, I have never heard of a 'free proxy server. How do I get it & use it.
    Thanks,
    notnoid

A free proxy server (see link below) will allow you to enter the web address that is being blocked on your computer into an address box on a web page that ISN'T blocked, and then feed the results to your broswer. There is no guarantee that this will work, and you may have to try several free proxy servers to find one that will access the page you want.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...server&aqi=g10

Nix is offline Aka: Nix*, NNiixx, Nix23
    I sent them an email via the following link http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/...y=NCH-Software

If they do not respond by the end of the week I will give them a call and see what I can find out.

jdc2000:
    I tried two different proxy servers and nothing happened. When I copied and pasted the NCH web address into the server it didn't do anything. Didn't time out or pop-up a 'can't connect' message. After 10-15 minutes on each I just gave up. Here's hoping that Nix is able to connect with them.

Thanks,
    notnoid

Hello to all:
    I am getting nowhere with this issue. I have successfully connected with the NCH web sites using friends computers but for some unknown reason I cannot connect using IE, Firefox Mozzila or proxy servers. I can quickly connect with a zillion other web sites of every .xxx both foreign and domestic. Am I the only person in the entire world that has a computer that can't connect with other web sites???? There must be some setting or box that needs to be checked or unchecked, enabled or disabled that is blocking my outgoing browsing, etc. Most recently I did a system restore back to a date before this problem appeared and it did no good.

Help meeeeeeee....help meeeeee please

PS: Just wondering...what is the significance of the font used in the thread title column? Most titles are in bold print but a few (like mine) are in normal font. What does this signify?

If you can connect using a different computer, can't you purchase your software license and download the software there, then transfer it to your computer? That would at least get you up and running.

Questions: On the computers where you can connect, are they using a different ISP that you are using? Have you scanned your computer for malware?

Nix is offline Aka: Nix*, NNiixx, Nix23
    I didn't hear back via e-mail so will try ringing them.

Thanks Nix:
    I appreciate your endurance on this. I been thinking about writing NCH a letter and have the program mailed to me. I'll wait and see what you come up with. In the mean time I am still trying to understand why I seem to be the only person in the world that can't connect with NCH to purchase a program. I can view all of their web pages and catalog offerings but as soon as I click PURCHASE...I get a cannot connect (IE) or a time out from Mozilla.
    Thanks again,
    notnoid

The 'No human contact' of this thread has been resolved...I am in e-mail contact with a human at NCH. With the help of NCH customer service I have 'pinged' their website, apparently successfully. However I still cannot to the NCH web page where I can do business. My NCH adviser mentioned that my PC may have an 'IP Blocker'. Never heard of it and can't find anything about IP blockers when I search my PC or browse through Internet Settings.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    notnoid

In the following location is a file called HOSTS
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

It can be edited to block sites.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Steve:
    I navigated to the 'HOSTS' and got the below message. I don't understand what I am supposed to do next...
    Thanks, notnoid

This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Your Hosts file is fine as that is the default file which matches mine.

Thread Information