Changing properties on a lot (2000) mp3 files?

Thread: Changing properties on a lot (2000) mp3 files?

Changing properties on a lot (2000) mp3 files?

I have copied files from the Music folder to my phone and it displays them using the properties.

The 'Album' property is fine but it uses the 'Artist' property which means a lot of tracks on the same album are by different people.

Is there anyway to easily copy all the 'Album Artist' property onto the Album property.

I still have the files in the folders that Windows Media Player creates when it is ripping so another possible option is to copy the directory above into the album name and the one two above into the artist.

Are you taking about the TAGS - bits of info included with each music file or the actual FILE properties?
    I assume the TAGS are in question here and WMP provides easy change options for these - just open the files in questions, select the ones you want to mass-change (CTRL and/or SHIFT) and change one entry in the right window pane.
    I mass-modify all my songs (just under 2000) that way, to have the e.g. the GENRE I want them to be.
    KGG
    ASUS K55N with W8.1 (64bit) and plenty of other legacy systems :-)

I just put in my CDs and thet Windows Media Player 11 rip them and find the album / track info by itself.

I would say it was properties as I can select the file in explorer, right click on it, look at the details tab and there are the things there under a 'Media' title - Album, Album artist, Genre etc. I suppose the info might be on the files as well in the form of TAGS

The thing is if you look at one album all the files for that album have the same 'Album Artist' BUT the 'Artist' can be different for each track.

Now since my phone sorts the tracks on the 'Artist' I need to copy the 'Album Artist' into the 'Artist' for each track so all the tracks on each album has the same 'Album Artist' and 'Artist' value.
    Last edited by Carenza; July 14th, 2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: .

This one has a' bit of a learning curve,but it will let you do many things to mp3's...
    mp3TagTool
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

I will give these a look.

I was searching for programs to modify MP3 tags and caught a screen shot of one. The screen was for renaming the actual mp3 file based on the tags but you had the option of building the name from the tags e.g. in the file name you used %1 to represent the artist, %2 for the album, %3 for the track an so on.

I am looking for that ability but for changing the values in the actual tags.

Thread Information