I have a problem.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a problem.....

I have a problem.....

First of all, the problems are nothing to do with the internet, as my other computer and use it just fine.

Anyway.....
    I can connect through the web browsers but I can't connect through applications. For example, games, updates, etc.

Windows updates and certain games are fine, but the rest are not, although I can still connect from the internet. From my experience, something is definitely preventing the connection, but I do not know what.

Anyway, information:

Computer type: Intel Corporation 2200 MHZ
    Bios: At/At Compatible Date 1/24/08 (Toshiba)
    Adapter: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Internet problem...

I can't connect through my applications but I can connect through my web browsers. The internet is not the problem becuz I can connect just fine with my dad's computer. The error messages show that something is blocking the internet.

you should have combined your posts.

If you are running firewall software, I'd disable or remove it and see if you can connect out.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Merged.

I tried that but it doesn't work, even after exceptions, after disabling. I have remnants of the comodo firewall but I don't think it is the thing that is blocking.

What do you mean you have remnants? Did you uninstall it or not?

Use Revo Uninstaller to remove it if you haven't already.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/

You didn't say what OS you are running. That would help.

Does your internet have a proxy? When I have to connect to the internet down at my school, I have to set each individual program to "auto detect proxy" otherwise it won't connect.

No.....it doesn't have a proxy. And I'll tried out the uninstall thing and it turns out comodo is not part of the problem.....
    Last edited by Aishinta; May 12th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.

please help me.....I need help! I've tried everything you guys suggested.

sorry, but it's much harder to diagnose a problem when one is not actually there looking at the computer. Are there a few more details you could divulge to us so we might gain a better understanding of your situation? Like what programs can't connect? What programs will connect? Do you have ANY firewalls (including windows)? What type of internet do you have? Also, some programs have a million little settings that have to be exactly right in order for it to connect (i.e. AVG).

Again, What OS are you running?

If you're on XP, you can try running the Winsock fix.
    http://majorgeeks.com/WinSock_XP_Fix_d4372.html

Windows XP Tablet PC, SP3. The thing didn't work and instead created more trouble for me. Even though so, everything is pointing to my firewall, as something is blocking it. Is there any exceptions that my firewall should have?

i thought you removed your Comodo firewall? What firewall are you talking about now?

I'm talking about the windows firewall. The comodo firewall is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter bob View Post
    sorry, but it's much harder to diagnose a problem when one is not actually there looking at the computer. Are there a few more details you could divulge to us so we might gain a better understanding of your situation? Like what programs can't connect? What programs will connect? Do you have ANY firewalls (including windows)? What type of internet do you have? Also, some programs have a million little settings that have to be exactly right in order for it to connect (i.e. AVG).
    All the programs that were installed after the problem didn't work. so it is definitely a firewall thing.

Thread Information