I have an HP Touchsmart tx2. It all started when I bought an external hard drive casing for my old, dead computer. My new computer wouldn't read the drive so I decided to restart the computer. After restart, my computer ran extremely slow. I waited a while for it to speed up but it eventually froze up so I restarted it again. this time it froze mid-startup, so once again I restarted it. It froze again so I pressed ctrl alt delete. Then, my computer asked me if i wanted to do a system restore or not, so I elected not to. then it froze again so i restarted it and it asked me the same thing. this time i did a system restore. it went through the process and told me to press finish to restart the computer because it "fixed" whatever problem, so i did. then my computer started reading me the error message "disk read error press ctrl alt delete to restart". So I did that for a while till i realized that wouldn't work. Then I pressed esc during startup and tried the system restore option there. My computer "loaded the files" and then froze on the blue screen after. so... I restarted it again. this time it skipped the disk read error and went straight into the system restore and consequently froze on the blue screen. so i restarted it again and went into the BIOS setup. I tried to run the hard drive self test but It beep obnoxiously and said "hard drive test failed". so now my computer is stuck in a rut of automatically going to system restore and freezing on the blue screen. PLEASE HELP ME HERE. I'm desparate and have no idea what to do.