Okay, to start off, this is my first time ever attempting to build a computer, so ive had a couple bumps in the road, but now that everything seems to be finished, im having a weird issue.

My computer is deciding that it wants to freeze for no apparant reason.

Parts:

Intel Extreme Series DP45SG motherboard
MSI R4830 1GB Graphics Card
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 ghz processor
6GB DDR3 1333 Gskill Ram
500GB Seagate Sata Hard drive

Originally it was crashing, giving me the BSOD, and restarting. I had done a fresh install of vista ultimate 64 bit, and installed all the drivers off the cd's that came with the hardware. The BSOD said something about display drivers, so i downloaded the updated drivers from

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista64

and the BSOD stopped coming up. I was fairly certain that everything was fixed now, so i proceeded to load all my files onto the hard drive. I installed my programs, popped in World of Warcraft, played for about 3 hours, not mentioning the 2 that the computer was on before i started playing with no problems at all. To test that the computer could perform how i wanted it to, i ran itunes playing music, winamp playing a video, a youtube video playing in the background, world of warcraft up and running, and there were no issues. I was sure i was finished and was very happy with it.

Later that night i played some more World of Warcraft and was very pleased with my framerate while doing high end "raiding" but suddenly the computer froze again, and hitting the reset button, ctrl alt del, or the power button did nothing. I eventually had to shut it off from the switch in the back, and when i tried to boot up again, it froze before i could start my game. It worked for a good 4 hours earlier, so i dont know why it was freezing during the raiding.

My only idea is that the video card is overheating or the drivers are still wrong, as it was froze in the more graphic heavy moment of the gameplay.

Any ideas? I am scared to run the game anymore, much less any applications, as i dont want to overheat any of my new parts, rendering them useless.

Also i loaded up a voip client, and the sound didnt work hardly at all. All the voice came in garbled, and earlier the sound was exceptionally quiet while listening to music. I tried to open the Sound controls, and they only open when nothing is plugged in. If something is in the jack, it gives me a .dll error and turns off.