Unable to access router through two different wireless cards

Thread: Unable to access router through two different wireless cards

Unable to access router through two different wireless cards

Using two different wireless cards, I can't access the router with either. The current error message is;
    Data frame errors, check WEP settings
    The only thing is I have security turned off in the router and the card.

Details:
    Intersil SL2511CD EXT2 (WEP only)
    Linksys WPC54GR (various choices)
    Westell 327W DSL modem/router (WEP & WPA-PSK)
    XP Pro sp2
    HP ZV5000 Laptop using Carbus slot

I assume the registry got corrupted somehow. I orginally have been using the Intersil no name card since it has a external antenna. I then got the Linksys 'G' card. I removed the 1st card and installed the 2nd and tried to use one of the security protocols, but I couldn't get it to work. I turned off encription and it still wouldn't work.

Can I have drivers & software for two different cards installed in the Laptop at the same time?
    I did removed the software of both cards and re-installed the Intersil S/W by itself. Where are the registry entries for this?
    Copyright protection & Intellectual property my ass. All the studios want is more money & control.
    Enough is enough!

The Westell is probably scrambled form the sounds of it.

Try power cycling the modem.
    Just reach back and unplug the power, wait 30 seconds and replug to power and when it comes up, try it.

Now if that does not work:
    Check tha manual and reset it back to factory spec's. You have to follow their instructions step by step.

Can I have drivers & software for two different cards installed in the Laptop at the same time?
    No reason why not

What's this "Data frame errors" message all about??
    Copyright protection & Intellectual property my ass. All the studios want is more money & control.
    Enough is enough!

Lots to read.
    Understanding 802.11 Frame Types
    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials...le.php/1447501

When do you see this error?

Are you using Windows Wireless Zero Config to connect, or something else?

Turn off windows wireless config first then try or turn it on and try. I got this Linksys PCI wireless and used the Linksys config and had windows zero shut off and could not get it to work and spent 2 hours with headache. I turned on windows zero wireless and it worked - Windows wants the control.

WZC has been off. I'll try it on, but it did work before with it off, but I was using sp1, not sp2 at the time.

I have reset the router and now I get a 'not connected' message from the card even though it sees the AP. The router does see and list the card with it's MAC address.
    Enough is enough!

Quote Originally Posted by videobruce
    WZC has been off. I'll try it on, but it did work before with it off, but I was using sp1, not sp2 at the time.

I have reset the router and now I get a 'not connected' message from the card even though it sees the AP. The router does see and list the card with it's MAC address.
    Everything you say makes me think its a copy of what happen to me in Windows xp SP2/SP3

I just shut down the auto startup wiz of linksys so it would not startup at all and went with WZC. I had to hand type key In I think

Thread Information