Monitor for Acer Extensa 5220

Thread: Monitor for Acer Extensa 5220

Monitor for Acer Extensa 5220

Hi,

Any idea where can I find a monitor for an Acer Extensa 5220 laptop in the USA...?

Bassam

Presuming you mean an external monitor...

All you need is any standard monitor (CRT or LCD) that takes the standard 15 pin D-Sub connector. You will have an output port on the laptop somewhere, just make note of what ends (female or male) you need for a VGA Cable to hook it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hongman
    Presuming you mean an external monitor...

All you need is any standard monitor (CRT or LCD) that takes the standard 15 pin D-Sub connector. You will have an output port on the laptop somewhere, just make note of what ends (female or male) you need for a VGA Cable to hook it up.
    Nope, I'm not referring to an external monitor... I need a repalcement monitor for the aforementioned laptop.

Bassam

In that case, have you tried calling Acer? Searching online?

I know these are all common sense thigngs to do, but it's still worth mentioning

Maybe someone else with more specific experiences with this will come along, wish you the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hongman
    In that case, have you tried calling Acer? Searching online?

I know these are all common sense thigngs to do, but it's still worth mentioning

Maybe someone else with more specific experiences with this will come along, wish you the best of luck!
    I have done several researches on US-based websites and I get Acer Extensa, but not model 5220... I didn't contact acer yet, but it seems the 5220 was launched for UK and South Africa... but I will keep trying.

Bassam

Thread Information