Scheduling an Access program

Thread: Scheduling an Access program

Scheduling an Access program

I have an Access 2002 program which requires user to enter user name and password to log in. After successful logging in, a menu displays and user will select an operation, such as data entry, generate report etc from a menu.

Is it possible to set up a schedule task such that the program will run as a pre-approved user logged in and start a pre-set operation?

Thanks for your advice.

You may be able to schedule a VBScript or an AutoIT script (my preference) to pass username and password to the database.
    smurfy
    Linux Counter #318033 Free yourself - Get Linux now
    Running:
    Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Mandriva, FedoraCore, Debian, Slackware and various Windows versions

Thanks smurfy for the advice. Could you give me some more idea or information (e.g. some sample script etc). Thanks a lot.

I found somewhere that I can use Windows' scheduler to pass access.exe /username /password command. However, I haven't tried that as I think it may not be after to pass the name and password to the custom made log in interface which will read these data into 2 string variables for authentication.

Thread Information