iPod 80GB Flashes only the Apple logo...help!

Thread: iPod 80GB Flashes only the Apple logo...help!

Exclamation iPod 80GB Flashes only the Apple logo...help!

Hello to all....,

For the sake of not knowing exactly where to put this post,and getting booed and teased for still using Quicktime and Apple itunes..here it goes...

I have a 5th Generation 80GB Classic ipod.

A while back someone (annonymously) told me to uninstall itunes and simply use the Winamp 5.52 that supports portable drives like ipods, instead of using that stupidly designed problematic apple software.

I took his heed, and used winamp to delete all the music in my ipod,to install new music files and startball over again. I deleted it,and now I am getting this problem.

I went to turn on the ipod and nothing happened. I tried the reset method by sliding the hold switch ON, then OFF, and pressed both the top area of the MENU button and the middle of the SELECT button, at the same time, but with two different fingers.

All I’m getting now is the black screen with the Apple logo appearing for about six seconds, then off for about 6-8 seconds, and ON, over and over again and so far it has been doing this for about fifteen minutes now.

I called APPLE, and they told me to install iTunes, and plug in the ipod, and hit the RESTORE Option, but for some reason, the newly downloaded QUICKTIME and new itunes I just downloaded from Apple does not open up the itunes when I double –click on it either from the desktop, or the Start>Programs>itunes folder.

The reason for all this was that I was clearing off one computer’s hard drive to another new computer before I wipe the Hard drive. I deleted all my mp3’s and the itunes program from the old computer and put the mp3 music files onto the new hard drive. I downloaded the new Quick time and itunes programs separately to my desktop.
    I was told from Apple that my ipod warranty has expired by about 85 days.

I have run all the Apple updates and it tells me I am up to date.

Thanks for any help.

May I make a suggestion, just getting iTunes running again, use the old version on the cd and DO NOT UPDATE and see what happens. Should work.

Try the QuickTime Alternative after uninstalling Quicktime.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Should end those problems.

Hey train, Howzit going?
    You have helped me in numerous situations before. I never got a CD install for the ipod when I rec'd it, I had to get it from the Apple site.

I went to Winamp Forum, and they really love the new 5,52 Winamp Player for portables, but (I think) it's much harder to manuver and organize the playlists on the Winamp. For instance, I have all my music on the hard drive catagorized as JAZZ,COUNTRY,BLUES,REGGAE,HAWAIIN,FOLK,etc., and in their own albums,but in the Winamp music library, they are all numbered,and not separated by the respective albums, that's the only thing I like about the itunes.

I may have to pay someone like Apple to get this restored,or reset,and hope for the best. Thanks and take care.

Maybe that is the best choice.

Still $$$ that posssible be better spent elsewhere.
    May i suggest backing up your files on the hdd .

There are a couple version of the iTunes that has been know to make things disappear. I think that is not nice .

Thread Information