need printer Driver/fax Capture driver for faxing

Thread: need printer Driver/fax Capture driver for faxing

need printer Driver/fax Capture driver for faxing

Hi,

I do have Ethernet DSL connection, BUT I also need a modem fax. Yes, I mean a 56KFax Puter modem. I have no room for a dedicated fax machine, so I would like to use this PCI fax Modem from US ROBOTICS/BRVP CLASSIC PHONE TOOLS Software.
    I only use this utility once or twice a month to request medical records. I would like to receive them as well as send, BUT...After installing the PCI card, and inserting the CD when prompted, it would install up to 97%, then asked me for my WinXP CD….Ummmm, well as (bad) luck would have it, I misplaced the CD, looked EVERYWHERE but can not afford to buy another OS.
    A FEW ERROR MESSAGES UPON THE INSTALL >

"NEED PRINTER DRIVER" SPECIFIED MODULE CAN NOT BE FOUND"
    "FAX CAPTURE DRIVER NEEDED"

Does this mean I can not use this Fax program, without buying another Win XP OS? I use Foxit reader and PDF Editor, if that helps at all.

I installed the latest drivers for my Epson C-82 and Epson 2400 Scanner today, thinking I could get the drivers via Epson,since they are a printer manuf.,but I guess these files are on all WinXP Cd's.

Thanks!

Do you have any friends/family that would have a WinXP CD you could borrow? It sounds like there are some networking files that didn't install with your OS installation and Windows needs them to enable those features of your card. This was a frequent problem with Win98 (especially before Second Edition) and I would often have to put in the CD when I added or changed modem or network devices.

Thread Information