[XP] Intel Q6600 Quad Running Temps??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [XP] Intel Q6600 Quad Running Temps???

Hi all, and thank you for your two cents!

As you may know...I bought this ZALMAN CNPS9500 > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=193

Someone said,

"Note: the fan of the 9500 is facing the memory, but it sucks in air so that it creates a "wind tunnel" effect. The air travels through the fins and then to the exhaust fan. " Is this right?

And I say...So, the fan sucks in, and I was thinking it would blow towards the memory slots, but the fan is really reversed, sucks in and heated air blows out the back exhaust fan? (opposite the fan Prop blades)...In other words, install the prop fans facing the memory slots?

I really don't mean to seem stupid here, but when it comes to this, I do appreciate the help..BIG TIME. I did not know that fan sucks in,,I thought it blew out…Thanks again!

The fan is mounted on the memory side, blowing air through the hsf and toward the exhaust fan in the rear of the case..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparks
    I found that I got high temps with my Core2Duo with the stock cooler too. I changed the stock HSF for a better one and my temps decreased massively. AFAIK the identical cooler is used on the quad core CPUs which probably makes things even worse.
    Same here. I went from around 60C down to about 35C, which I consider more acceptable. You'll find the performance will increase when the temps go down because the cpu won't be throttling back to keep cool.

My system is: (Trying to remember off hand at work is kind of tough).

EVGA Mobo
    4 GB RAM
    2x 250GB HD
    NVidia 8800GTS 640
    Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    800W PS

I have several fans in the system, which help keep the temps down as well.

John

Thanks,
    For the sake of being redundant, over and over,over and over over, and over again, I only wanted to be sure. I did not want to do a BOZO-NO-NO. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for all the help!

HELLO, OK, I finally installed the ZALMAN 9700 (LGA775) HSF to replace that Silly Pushpin type Stock Intel Fan,…AND the Coolermaster TX2 Pushpin type HSF ….. and VOILA! LOWER TEMPS! I hope these are reading up to Par. I took the Mobo out, installed the back plate and re-did everything.

I have some screen shots. If anyone sees something that's not right, please let me know.

Someone mentioned something about the DOT, I'm not over-clocking. Also, in the CELL Folder, the INTEL EIST..something I should know? Are the fans ok in the H/W BIOS?

In case the attachment doesn't make it. before the switch, the CPU Temp was running @ 63c and System temp was 26c, the cores were

BEFORE >
    Tj MAX 100c
    CORE 0 = 58c
    CORE 1 = 56c
    CORE 2 = 49c
    CORE 3 = 48c
    CORE 2 = 26c
    CORE 3 = 27c

Someone mentioned something about the DOT, I'm not overclocking. Also, the INTEL EIST..something I should know?

Thanks again to all who helped me!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information