Steam problem

Thread: Steam problem

Exclamation Steam problem

ok, steam worked fine untill i logged on the other day. y'know how steam is supposed to automatically log u on and start up when u log on? well and error message would pop up and say that "steam has encountered a problem and will have to close", along with the debug/send/don't send. if possible is there a way to fix this? if not, if i uninstall steam and reinstall it, will i have to buy my games again? cuz that would suck and i'm afraid to try. help please

Here's how to clean install Steam: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...stalling_Steam

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

ok thanx, but i can't even get on to steam, how will i get/write down my steam account id and password?

There will be a folder in Steam|SteamApps with your Steamid as the folder name, and i can't help you with the password, you may be able to retrieve it from the Steam site (Forgot my password section) and have it sent to you via e-mail.

Liam
    Desktop:I5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|8GB Corsair Vengeance|1280MB Nvidia 560 TI PE|1TB Seagate/60GB OCZ SSD|LG Blu-ray Writer|Corsair 750W
    27" iMac:I5 2500S|12GB Crucial DDR3|ATI 1GB 6970|1TB|Superdrive|Mighty Mouse

ok i did the clean reinstallation thing, and the same problem came up. what now?

Thread Information