[RESOLVED] SQLDUMPER Library Failed

Thread: [RESOLVED] SQLDUMPER Library Failed

Resolved [RESOLVED] SQLDUMPER Library Failed

Am getting this error message every time I boot up; been a few weeks now. I click OK and can use the computer fine so was just ignoring it - but now I think this may be interfering with Norton Save & Restore too (it won't backup because of an error message mentioning the "catalog's database layer").

Okay, the error message reads:

SQL Writer
    SQLDUMPER library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with. Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem.

I don't remember installing ANYTHING even remotely related to this - have no idea what's going on.

Diana

##
    Dell Dimension 4500S, Win XP Home, 4 years old, satellite (Wildblue) Internet, 160GB HD, Maxtor external HD (just installed today), 512MB RAM

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...31931&SiteID=1
    Several folks with the same problem . . . several different solutions.
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.30 GHz
    ADATA 8 GB DDR3
    EVGA GTX 560 1GB PCIe
    Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
    P/S: Corsair GS800
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    . . . by Digital Storm

Did you recently change the "name" of your computer? Is so, changing it back will probably fix it....
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Went to jseidel's link, did what the people THERE did (uninstalled 3 instances, reinstalled from a location someone mentioned) and by golly, the error message is gone!

Still getting the error message from Norton Save & Restore when I try to back up My Documents,though - was hoping this would also take care of THAT, since it mentions a database. (-Error EC8F1C50: Cannot create file backup for job: My Documents Backup.
    --Error E4BC0012: An interaction with the catalog's database layer failed unexpectedly: sqlite3_step--5: database is locked.)

Will go to Symantec's site and see if I can figure that out. But thanks!

How do I reinstall Miscoft SQL server

Exclamation Install SQL Server

I am using Windows XP, Internet Explorer 7 and Microsoft Office 2007

Can you now help please

Wendy

The first thing I'd probably try is an over-the-top reinstall of Microsoft Office 2007, (then apply any Microsoft Updates).

I finally succeeded in getting rid of the SQL Dumper library failed message. I was led to the solution by the jseidel posting near the beginning of this discussion. What I did was to go to control panel > administrator tools > computer management > services and applications > services. Then I scrolled down to SQL Server VSS Writer, double clicked it and changed it to disabled. After rebooting, the message did not reappear, PTL.

I too got as far as deleting the SQL server, but when I search to install a new one, I get lost. There are tons of them and I have no idea which one I need. I am Windows XP, can someone send me a link? Thanks

I have an Answer to this dilema

Often times I have received this error after uninstalling old or unused programs on a computer. It generally appears after uninstalling Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office. To elimenate the SQLdumber error message at log in you need to also make sure you uninstall MS SQL Server VSS writer. This will rectify your issue.

I get this error after a failed uninstall of a SQL instance of WinCC 2008 .

I list the properties of the Service SQL VSS and get "SQLWriter"

then, in the command prompt I type:

SC DELETE SQLWriter

Success, then I go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and Give to SQL SERVER VSS a "repair option", then i Choose the SQLWriter.msi file from instal files and ready! Problem Solved!

Thread Information