Comcast home page popup

Thread: Comcast home page popup

Angry Comcast home page popup

Got my curiosity up. As shown in the attachment,has anyone else gotten one of these buggers? Happens about every couple of days lately. Of course I click on deny,but what the heck are they looking for I wonder?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Personally, I'd be tempted to select the "Never ask again" and then click the "Deny" button.

Better yet, disable Flash.
    Vernon Frazee, Microsoft MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

Defenses Up!
    Tip: When prompted for a password, give an incorrect one first. A phishing site will accept it; a legitimate one won't.

Inside Spyware: A Guide to Finding, Removing and Preventing Online Pests

If you don't keep up with security fixes, your computer|network won't be yours for long.

Ridgerunr--You may not have the luxury of disabling Flash if you want to use Comcast's start page since the top of my Comcast start page says "Macromedia Flash 6 or higher is required to use this feature. The latest version of this free software can be downloaded here" Though I am not sure what "this feature" means.
    However, what about a popup blocker? You get one free with either WinXP SP2 or Google Toolbar.
    I am a little suspicious about that message (cdn.comcast.net??). Perhaps ask Comcast.
    I hardly ever use Comcast's start page, so have no experience with this specific message.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Only reason I use it is for a quick check to see if I have mail. It's the 'fan' thing that rquires flash. I've asked Comcast about it,but no reply yet. With me, flash is rather an Ehh kind of thing. I dump my cookies regularly(no pun intended )and the tif files and don't allow some cookies at all. Think if it pops up again i'll just do as Vernon suggested...
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Thread Information