NeroVision Express 3

Thread: NeroVision Express 3

NeroVision Express 3

Using NeroVision Express 3 to capture vhs video to burn to DVD (video capture card Avermedia AVerTV Studio 303(p)).If there is a gap in the tape the recording stops.Is there an option to keep recording even with a gap in the video. I can't find any options. I have already sat through 45 minutes of video on one tape, I don't want to sit through hours of video re-starting the recording. Any suggestions, or is there another piece of software that will ignore gaps in video.

~Flying Haggis~

I'm not familiar with the software you have,but with the MMC capture software that comes with the ATI AIWonder video cards,there is an option to 'pause','resume' recording by clicking the proper button or use a keyboard pause function. Haven't used that program on Nero yet,but will try it and get back.

Okay,I had not tried the capture program using NVE before,but you got my curiosity up. Just tried it on a tv program. You are correct when you say you only have the option to 'stop' the recording. but what you can do,is stop recording at the blank spot in your video and start it again when it's passed. your start-stop points will be saved as individual files. You can save these as files instead of burning them directly from the capture program. You may then use the add files function in vision express on a seperate burn project. After you add the files you can arrange them with the up/down function so they are in the correct order if necessary. You can then click the first(or last)file to highlight it. Then hold down the shift key and click the file at the opposite end. On the left-bottom part of the window you can mouse over and find the 'join files' function and execute it. You should then use the 'create chapters' function to either create them automatically,or you can use the slider to create them where you like. Then just follow along with the 'next' button to create your video...

Hope this helped and wasn't too confusing...
    Last edited by Ridgerunr; January 16th, 2005 at 01:33 AM.
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Thanks for the reply Ridgerunr.

The method you have suggested is what I am trying to avoid at the capture stage, as it requires you to sit through hours of real time video watching all the gaps, and then starting the record process manually after each gap.

I was looking for something that would record the video and the gaps and then later edit out the gaps digitally. Nero allows you to do this in a project as you have mentioned, and editing out the gaps can be done very quickly.

Going back to my original post, I cant find the button or option (if there is one in NVE) that will allow me to record all the video, gaps an all.

Thanks

~Flying Haggis~

Thread Information