Battery Life

Thread: Battery Life

Battery Life

I just got a Kodak Z612 camera and let the battery charge for three hours. After playing around with it for a while, viewing it's different capabilities, decided to try some shots with it. I got maybe 20 pics and the battery died. Is this usual for a digital camera? That's not very long and you'd need to carry quite a few batteries if going on a trip. Doesn't sound like a good design to me.

What does the manual say about charging? Three hours doesn't sound very long to me.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

That's what Kodak indicated in their manual but, the light turned green after 2 1/2 hours so, I took it out, being anxious about trying the camera out. today after it died (gave me a two minute warning) I plugged it in for a recharge and the light hasn't turned green yet...that was three hours ago. Surely they last longer than what I've experienced.

Nix is offline Aka: Nix*, NNiixx, Nix23
    I think it takes a few charge / discharge cycles to get it up to full capacity.

See

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27036

Also

from here

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...5&pq-path=8815

All in all, I think it was two problems. First, they probably put a small charge on the battery and it set around for who knows how long on the shelves. When I charged it up, it just bumped it up to it's capacity (2 1/2 hours) I then, being new to it, used the LCD screen as a viewfinder going through all the functions/features the camera had and it was in auto focus mode, which I didn't know how to shut off until I went through the tutorial. The second charge took 3 1/2 hours-an hour longer than the first. Maybe it'll all work out as you indicated after a few recharges...hopefully. Meanwhile, I got a good deal on the CRV3 battery as Walgreen's had them on sale for $5.50 each-I bought two!!

Thanks for the info and the links.

Hybrid rechargeable batteries have caught my eye.
    http://www.digicamhelp.com/accessori...ers/hybrid.php

Might want to check them out further.

I see nothing wrong with hybrids. No need in purchasing OEM when there's many more as good or better out there. The two CRV3's I got the other day were Duracell and for a lot cheaper than Kodak's. Now, if I can just decide what mode i want to shot in...Auto, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, etc. Too bad the camera only goes up to f/8. sometimes you want a little more depth of field-especially when doing a group and there's four rows of people...not like my old Nikon F2.

Most portable devices I have bought usually tell you to do an initial charge of between 8-16 hours, depending on manufacturer and device and full working capacity will take 3 or 4 charge/discharge cycles...

Thread Information