Hi everyone! If your browser has been hijacked, before you post, please read this...

Thread: Hi everyone! If your browser has been hijacked, before you post, please read this...

Hi everyone! If your browser has been hijacked, before you post, please read this...

I'm posting this because some people post their HijackThis logs without first using the already available, free tools to clean up their system. There are a lot of great tools out there to help get rid of what's hijacked you. The most popular and most commonly used are:

AdAware

and

Spybot Search & Destroy

Please download and run these both - they are the most essential.

Another one that comes into common usage is CoolWebShredder, if CoolWebSearch has taken over.

The final recommendation I have before posting your HijackThis log is to run a full virus scan with the latest definitions. The most commonly used online virus scan is probably Housecall, although there are many others - see the links to some of them in my sig.

Thank you!
    Spyware Finder & Fixer Thingies :: AdAware :: Spybot Search & Destroy :: SpywareBlaster :: SpywareGuard :: HijackThis
    Free Online Virus Scanners :: HouseCall :: Symantec :: CA's eTrust :: Panda ActiveScan :: BitDefender :: RAV AntiVirus
    Antivirus Downloads :: AVG (Free Version) :: avast! 4 Home (Free) :: Other Online Scanners :: PestScan :: AuditMyPC
    Favorite Privacy & Security sites :: Privacy.net :: SamSpade.org :: SecurityFocus :: CERT :: Kuro5hin.org
    The only secure computer system in the world is unplugged, locked in a vault at the bottom of the ocean and only one person knows the location and combination of that vault. And he is dead. --Bruce Schneier, Applied Cryptography

Please Post your logs in the HiJackThis Logfiles Forum

Thread Information