Internet Explorer 6.0 Help

Thread: Internet Explorer 6.0 Help

Internet Explorer 6.0 Help

I have a problem that I think might be linked to Internet Explorer somehow. I have recently noticed that my internet history isn't working properly. When I click on the History Icon it tries to come up on the left side of the screen, but no history ever appears. Can anyone tell me anything I can check, or give me some other ideas of what the problem might be? I am using Internet explorer v6.0 and Windows XP Home edition. Thank you.

This may be the first thing you checked, but did you check to see how many days it's set to save history for?

TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - "Days to keep in history"

You might check to see if you have any of the known spywares installed, some of them can cause some really erratic browser behavior.

Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and Merijn's Hijack This are two excellent bits of software to detect and correct spyware infestations and browser hijackings (wherein your home page is mysteriously changed, and mis-entered URL's take you to search engines you've never heard of before.)
    Welcome to the Eclipse(C). The Evolution of an Idea
    Options: DCM3 LCR VMS CVM Sil CPI VMI ANI 648 CA1 SACD500 Att CID RLS TIME DLG

Version: ECLIPSE 2.0.0 09/09/98 System is BUSY Thu 07-21-05 1:31 pm
    Access Level = 10 Port = 10

Thread Information