Cd-rw

Thread: Cd-rw

Angry Cd-rw

Hi,
    I'm not sure whether this is a stupid question...but still its unsolvable to me...

Recently I copied some mp3 songs to a CD-RW. After that I tried to copy a film to that same CD. But it did not allow me to do so. But it will allow me to copy MP3 songs.

So I'm wondering whether since I copied MP3 format at the begining although its RW, it will allow me to copy only that format.

Am I right?

Thanks
    Shanthi

Are you quite certain that the film is not too large for the CD? And depending on what options you chose during the initial creation of the CDRW, you may or may not be able to add to it. The "disc at once" option means that the CD is completed and that you can't make changes. I really find it much easier to avoid CDRWs altogether. If you want the film and mp3s, its can be easier to just put them on at once. If you go back into your burning program, can you see what type of disc you chose? Data CD, Audio CD, etc?

Hi,

Thanks Dashwood for u r promt response..but I'm afraid you have misunderstood my question !!! All I want to know is that in a RW CD Is it possible to copy mp3 songs then deleted them all again to copy a film? Coz as I said I copied mp3's to this RW cd then tried to over write with a film. But it did not allow me to do so. Then only I got this wierd idea ....

No that film is only 650mb and this cd can hold 700mb.

Thanks
    Shanthi

Have you tried Erasing the Disc prior to copying the movie?

What message are you receiving that says you are unable to do what you are wanting?

Are you just copying it onto the CDRW as data...
    "Dreams are born in your heart and in your mind, only there can they ever die." - Art Berg

shanthi,

If you had said that in the first place, I would have told you what Fuelm@n is saying. Erase the CDRW, then try.

Might want to have a read here on using CD-RW's:
    http://www.activeservice.co.uk/cdr/rwformat.htm
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Hi,

Thanks for u r responses...esp to dashwood95,fuelm@n & ridgerunr

I try to delete the existing files but then a msg appeard saying that I can not delete but replace them. Then I tried to copy the film on top of those mp3s then it said exceeded the limit of that cd...

any more suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks
    Sahnthi

Did you actually choose "Erase" from the menu or just try to press the delete button with the files selected? It does make a difference.

Hi Dashwood,

I selected all the files and took press delete key from kbd. The s/w I'm using to copy these files is 'Drag n Drop' which came with my Laptop. I'm not sure whether it has a option to delete once you copied something.

Thanks
    Shanthi

That's the name of the burning software? I've never heard of that. I thought you might be using Nero or Easy CD Creator or such. I'm not sure what options that program would have, but you might want to search the Help file for "erasing" information.

Thumbs up

Hi Dashwood,

Thanks a lot ..u r rite...I found the way to delete the files. Like u said it was in that s/w.

Thanks for all others who helped me

Bye
    Shanthi

Thread Information