email pics

Thread: email pics

email pics

Hi,
    Hope I'm in the right forum for this question.
    I often email a lot of pictures and I attach them individually to the email.
    Is there a way I can just attach the file that the pics are in?
    As always appreciate the help.
    morp2

Why not choose a free program like http://www.winzip.com/? You can send all the images at once by bundling them into one file and attaching just it to the email. Of course the person on the other end either needs to have XP set to unzip files or have a similar program. But I think you'll find many people already do.

You can't drag a folder to your email if that's what you were hoping for. But winzip is just one free program out there.

morp2--You probably already know that while the window that opens when you click OE's Attach button will not let you attach a folder, you can easily send all or any of the files in the folder by opening the folder, holding down the Shift key and clicking on the files you want to send. That will highlight each such file and then when you click Attach, all will be attached.
    EDIT 12-8
    dashwood95 (see next post) is correct about using Shift, Control and Control+A.
    Last edited by Welshjim; December 8th, 2003 at 07:17 PM.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Actually the CTRL key will let you pick them one at a time. The SHIFT will select to the right, left, up, or down or whatever file you already have selected .... Of course depending on if you click one to the right, left, up, or down.

CTRL + A will also select all files in a folder. And after they are all selected if there is one you don't want, hold CTRL and click it. It will unselect just the one.

thanks for your replies, thought there might be a better way to send or have someone view lots of pictures.
    morp2

Keep in mind that most email programs limit the size of attachments. Even if your email accepts a large file, it may be rejected by your recipient's email.

Also, this topic probably should have been in the Internet Software forum but since it seems to have been answered here ....

I would rather receive multiple image attachments than one ZIP file, but that's just me. I work in a public library, I have our public computers set up with the bare minimum of software - if someone uses Yahoo or Hotmail and gets a ZIP file as an attachment, it's useless to them if they're oon a public station, most likely.

Most email services have significantly raised their attachment limits, from what I've seen. Even Yahoo lets you send up to 3 attachments, total of 3MBs, on their free service.

Thread Information