Compaq's Quick Restore

Thread: Compaq's Quick Restore

Angry Compaq's Quick Restore

I recently had my computer suffer a drastic crash and I lost my entire hard drive. I tried using my quick restore disks, they take it almost to the end then I get the following message. QuickRestore Error #255:14 Please contact Compaq Support or Dealer. I managed to get the system up but my computer no longer knows that it is a Compaq. None of the Compaq features loaded I was able to use Generic drivers to get it up well enough to get online to try and fix it. Compaq has been no help since my computer is no longer under warranty. Any help would be greatly accepted.

Thanks

My system is.

Compaq Presario 7470

A link to Presario 7470 Desktops with Microsoft Windows 98
    Yes, you can do a clean install of windows on a Compaq. But as you found out you lose all the Compaq stuff. Just get what drivers you need from the link above. My 5222 ran better with out all that stuff aboard.

Hope this helps.

What year was the computer built in?

The 7470 was being produced in 1999 as it was selling in early 2000.

But what month As the ones made in the last 3 months , the QRcd will install to a new hdd without the Bomid fight.

And The closes I can come for that error is get a bootdisk, boot to it and do a scandisk /surface as it seems you might have bad clusters on the hdd.

I purchased the computer back in March of 2000. Thanks for the link. As for the HD I ran scandisk and it checked out ok, I even went as far as running fdisk and formating the HD and still kept getting the same Quick Restore Error.

Thread Information