[RESOLVED] Opinions of Win 8 and 8.1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Opinions of Win 8 and 8.1

wish me luck that I can find specs for that phone

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

It's about 7 years old. I love this phone because it's very thin and light and I can carry it in my pocket. Is G the strength of the signal?

Found specs page in manual, nothing about G. There is a GSM, but I don't know what it means.
    "GSM 850mhz, 900mhz,1800mhz. 1900mhz"

Online: https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3968

I have another I haven't used lately, Samsung SGH-A167. It's heavier and thicker and I switched about 7 years ago to the ZTE.
    I don't know the G.
    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1993

Maybe we should move this is the Phones Forum.
    Last edited by foxy; March 30th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    My ZTE is 4G and is very thin and fits in my pocket.

I never would have guessed you're a flip-phone user. I figured you had cutting edge technology in everything.
    how do I know how many G's mine has?

I never would have guessed you're a flip-phone user. I figured you had cutting edge technology in everything.
    how do I know how many G's mine has?

Got it from Comp. Encyc.
    It's 3G, my older one is 2G
    Attachment 15037

Oh, no, my ZTE isn't a flip phone, it's a smartphone, flat and 3" wide, 6" tall. But it fits my back pocket of my Levi's 501s just fine.

Here are some links to the upcoming phone that I am looking forward to seeing the actual specs for:

https://www.techradar.com/news/motor...we-want-to-see

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...artphone-news/

Motorola Razr 2019

$1500? You can get 4 computers on sale for that. Or 10 refurbs. ;-) But plenty of sheeple will gladly buy it.

How will I know when my 3G cell phone goes obsolete? I hope there will be a notice here in the Phone Forum.
    Last edited by foxy; April 1st, 2019 at 07:40 PM.

Shoot for that price, it would pay half my off on my Jeep. Sheesh, jdc, thanks but no thanks. I'll keep this $299 phone I have now.

I'll keep my $12 one until 3G goes out. Maybe there's another for $14 out there.

Photolady--did you resolve the CD problem in your car?

Yes, it is pricey, but then I keep phones for 12 years or more. I only replace them when the networks no longer support them.

Most 3G service should end starting January 2020.

A more affordable alternative, 4G but no 5G:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi...sku=sku2450262

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Photolady--did you resolve the CD problem in your car?
    Not yet and now it won't even play commercial cds. I think it needs cleaning or a firmware update. I insert a commercial cd and the screen display says "writ" on it. I might just yank that one out and have it replaced with a newer model at some time in the future.

jdc2000--

This is confusing. AT&T supposedly has 4G and 5G already, but my 3G phone is still working fine.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...g-study-finds/

Vz started shutting down 3G in 2014, but my friend's 3G phone is working fine.
    https://www.geek.com/mobile/verizon-...twork-1610986/
    These are both flip-phones, so data speed isn't an issue.

There is 5G in some areas already, including parts of your area (although there is only 1 5G phone that you can actually get right now), however it will be many years before 5G covers most areas. 4G is in most, but not all areas and will be for many years to come. 3G and 2G is still in some areas also, but those transceivers are scheduled to be deactivated at the end of 2019 for most, if not all areas. Some of those areas will get 4G or maybe 5G before the shutdown, others MAY (but don't count on it) have the 2G or 3G service still active, and some areas will lose service for an undetermined period of time.

In the areas I travel through in the western U.S., some areas have already lost Verizon service, because Verizon was leasing space on competitors' cell towers, and they decide to end that practice.

It will depend on what area you live in or travel to with regards to what service will be available.

Thread Information