[RESOLVED] 'Select all' in Outlook 2010

Thread: [RESOLVED] 'Select all' in Outlook 2010

Resolved [RESOLVED] 'Select all' in Outlook 2010

I have upgraded to outlook 2010,but now seem to have lost the facility to 'select all' i.e for delete,or move ,how do I do this in outlook 2010??
    Windows 7 PremiumIntel® Viiv™ processor technology
    Intel Core™2 Quad processor Q6600
    4 GB DDR2-SDRAM
    320 GB SATA 3G Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm)
    160 GB Pocket Media Drive.NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400 GS, 512 MB memory.
    DVD writer SATA DVD RAM and Double Layer ±R/ ±RW 16x/8x LightScribe.
    Ethernet 10/100BT network interface
    IEEE 1394 FireWire® Interface
    15in1 card reader.AOC 32" Widescreen HDMI Monitor.Liteon External Dual Layer Blue-Ray DVD Player.

davmail--There is a keyboard shortcut to Select All in Contacts. Control+A.
    I cannot find one for doing this in other lists.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...c-1cdf889b4d9f
    You can, however, highlight one item (such as in list of messages), hold down Shift and click as many other items as you want to include them in the next action.

You may find this reference helpful
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/1...-accelerators/
    Last edited by Welshjim; August 21st, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Shift-click for sequential selections, Ctrl-click for non-sequential selections.

Quote Originally Posted by davmail View Post
    I have upgraded to outlook 2010,but now seem to have lost the facility to 'select all' i.e for delete,or move ,how do I do this in outlook 2010??
    In case you have not found this yet, I just did, after days of looking. Here goes....
    The button is hidden away and not shown on any ribbon by default. To add the Select All button do the following;

• Right Click anywhere over the Quick Access Toolbar
    • Select “Customize Quick Access Toolbar…”
    • On the drop-down command menu select “Commands not in the Ribbon"
    • Scroll down to find and select “Select All”
    • Click Add
    • Click OK

The command will now show up in the small Quick Access toolbar that (by default) sits at the very top left of the screen. Saw your post as I was searching for the same thing a I know how, um, can I say FRUSTRATED I was over this "missing" option. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by pastol View Post
    In case you have not found this yet, I just did, after days of looking. Here goes....
    The button is hidden away and not shown on any ribbon by default. To add the Select All button do the following;

• Click Add
    • Click OK

The command will now show up in the small Quick Access toolbar that (by default) sits at the very top left of the screen. Saw your post as I was searching for the same thing a I know how, um, can I say FRUSTRATED I was over this "missing" option. Cheers.
    Thank you thank you thank you! I spent an hour or more trying to figure this out and after about a page of search results finally found this thread. I just switched from Thunderbird because it was crashing and it loaded all 6800 of my emails from one of my accounts and I couldn't for anything delete the needless ones in an easy way.

Like Davmail I could not believe this version of Outlook did not support "select all". I looked everywhere within the program, microsoft, tech pages, you name it until I stumbled on this thread. I am very grateful to pastol for posting the solution. I followed the steps and miraculously installed select all to the Quick Access Tool bar. I use this command extensively. For 2 days I have been frustrated upgrading to Win 7 and Outlook 2010 on a new computer. To have this issue resolved is one less thing I have to learn in Outlook 2010. Thanks again.

Even though this works for some parts of outlook, the way I use it all the time is by finding all related messages, which opens up a new window, then I would select all here, and move them or delete them. I hate using the shift key -- scroll -- delete for this.

Thanks so much. I fixed it with your reply. Very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by pastol View Post

• Click Add
    • Click OK

Thanks Pastol! Very helpful!

Keyboard Shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by darrenm6 View Post
    Even though this works for some parts of outlook, the way I use it all the time is by finding all related messages, which opens up a new window, then I would select all here, and move them or delete them. I hate using the shift key -- scroll -- delete for this.
    I know this thread is a little old, but still relevant in Outlook 2010 and 2013.

You actually can use a quick keyboard shortcut to select all items. As an example, I'm moving all items from Deleted Items back to the Inbox. Left click the top item, hold SHIFT, press END. All items (not just the ones I can see, but everything from top to bottom) are now highlighted. You can either drag-and-drop or use the Move command to put them where you want.

Thread Information