Monitor keeps quitting

Thread: Monitor keeps quitting

Monitor keeps quitting

The monitor is a Samsung GH22WS Widescreen LCD 216BW 21 inch. It has digital and analog inputs and I've been using the digital. Cable has a DVI connector on the monitor end going to HDMI on the computer end.

I'm working away, minding my own business and suddenly the display has gone. Once it came back. I've seen that kind of crash and recovery with NVIDIA drivers but this is using the latest Microsoft driver.

Where would I look for what caused it?

Thanks - rev

How old is that monitor? It could just be the monitor going bad.

You could look in Event Viewer to see if there are any errors.

The monitor is nearly new because despite being 8 years old, it hasn't been used. I have learned that one of the times it appeared to quit was because something was set to shut it down at the end of the task. The only other time was a Kernel Power 41 error, I didn't have my UPS plugged in.

I would have checked drivers first. Get the Nvidia drivers. Cable I'm guessing is ok. I've had the issue with my 3rd monitor (3 monitors, 1 pc). Kernel power 41 is normally due to a bad shutdown though.

I concluded it was a bad shutdown, a power cut to be precise, because there was a power cut at that time and it hasn't happened since. I've discovered that the monitor has to be on first when booting. If I turn it on after the computer, I get 'no signal' forever and I have to crash the machine and start again. I consider this issue closed.

Thread Information