CD Burner Problems - Big Time

Thread: CD Burner Problems - Big Time

CD Burner Problems - Big Time

After a cold boot - when I look at My Computer it shows two CD Players. (this is D. my CD-Rom and E. my Phillips CD-RW). After running a few minuets the computer freezes up - and I re-boot. Then when I look at My Comp. it only shows one CD player (D). But the puter works fine now! No freeze up at all. And when I try to burn a CD the puter says that I don't have a recorder????????? I installed this CD-RW in Jan. and have been using OK until about a week ago. Restore did not help. And I re-installed ME to no avail. Can anyone help me with this problem. I enjoy trading music and need my burner back!

------------------
    larrytee

Does it's lamps lighten up at all?
    Might be a hardware fault...

------------------
    AMD650 Mhz, K7V, 384Mb RAM, Matrox Millenium G400 32Mb, SBLive!, 3Com 3C905C
    Windows 95a + Windows XP Pro
    AMD650 Mhz, K7V, 384Mb RAM, Matrox Millenium G400 32Mb, SBLive!, 3Com 3C905C
    Windows 98SE + Windows 2000 Pro

When you reinstalled windows, did you rename file win.com? Try reversing it to win.moc,
    then try reinstalling windows. This should let all files be copied new instead of just missing files. Before doing this I would just unplug the IDE ribbon and do it without the CD burner attached and then try reinstalling windows. Then try reinstalling the CD burner.

Thread Information