Music skips in WinAmp 2.7

Thread: Music skips in WinAmp 2.7

Music skips in WinAmp 2.7

The upgrade to Me went without a single problem. So far no errors, no nothing. One problem though, when I try to use Windows Explorer or do other intensive materials like searching through the hard drive, clicking the START, going to Control Panel, or openning IE in a new windows, the music (MP3) would skip and then resume normally. This happens even when I click File on the toolbar. Any reason to my this is. On Win98Se, this never happens, unless it is very intensive.

Spec.
    Full version WinMe, but installed as Upgrade
    Cel 533
    128 Meg RAM (4 (11Max) shared with Video)
    15 Gig HD C:\1.14 Gig free E:\7.5 Gig free

Program running:
    McAfee 5.12
    WinAmp
    Rain 2.0 (system NOT overclocked)
    Messenger

------------------
    "The point of living, and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come." Peter Ustinov
    If you keep looking ahead for tomorrow, you might be missing today.

just for giggles... try turning off the McAffee(yes, i know it's the one that's supposed to work with ME) and then testing...

also, what kind of sound card do you have? i know Creative has new software for ME... Liveware 3.0, i believe.
    Moderator, Windows 9x/ME, Windows 2000, www.helpfromtechs.com

I think it is McAfee, when I disable it, no more skipping no matter what. When enabled, even clicking on START would cause a skip (not always). I think there is a patch for Me so I'll see if that help. And NO, I have an integrated Crystal WDM Audio, that is after I installed an update and the sound is so loud for everything.

------------------
    "The point of living, and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come." Peter Ustinov
    If you keep looking ahead for tomorrow, you might be missing today.

Thread Information