Send to 2 contact emails in Outlook

Thread: Send to 2 contact emails in Outlook

Send to 2 contact emails in Outlook

Hi,

I have a number of contacts who have 2 email addresses, home and work. What do I have to do to make sure that an email goes to both of these addresses in MS Outlook 2000.

So far, the only way I have been able to manage it is to create 2 seperate contacts for that person, each one with a different email. But that can't be right can it?

Thanks

Mark

If I'm not mistaken, Outlook2000 has the option of putting in 3 emails for the same contact. Open the contact and click the little arrow to the left of where you put their first email address. You should then see email2 and email3. Set up new addresses there and you should then have 2 or 3 entries to that person when you click the To: button when sending mail but only one contact profile.

------------------
    aka Pure Luck Help From techs
    aka Pure Luck Help From techs

Thanks for your response. I already have both email addresses set up under the contact, but I can see no way of selecting both of these when I hit the To: button.

The only way I have found around this is to edit the default address as that is the one that the mail is sent to.

Clearly I am missing something, but what is it I do to ensure that the mail goes to both addresses for that contact?

Thanks

Mark

When you click the "To..." button in a new e-mail, you get a pop-up box called Select Names. All of the contact's e-mail address are listed (and yes, unfortunately their fax numbers too - MS weirdness at work). Just click successively on the 2 or 3 addresses for the person you're sending to. Their names will appear in the "To->" box on the right side. Click OK and you're ready to go.

------------------
    mastman
    mastman

Hmmmmm.

I must be going wrong here somewhere.

When I click the To... button I get:

A text box with the text "Type a name or select from list" above it.

A drop down combo with the text "Contacts" and nothing else in it.

A List of all my contacts, including their default email address. Selecting someone from this list selects moves them to the To -> Window with their default email address.

On the Right Hand Side I see usual To -> , CC -> and BCC -> buttons. At the bottom there is a New Contact Button and a Properties Button.

I can't see a pop up box called Select Names anywhere.

Anyone know why not?

Thanks

Mark

Thread Information