Shutting Down Windows

Thread: Shutting Down Windows

Shutting Down Windows

Here recently, everytime I shutdown the computer it seems to think windows wasn't shut down properly. Does anyone know how the system determines whether you shut down your computer correctly or not...?
    BTW I have NO "Anti-Virus Programs" or "Norton's This Or That Crap" running.(these things have caused shut down problems for me before.)
    Any input is appreciated.

Rob Cee

It determines this by looking for programs that are still open when you go to shutdown...so first, check the win.ini in the [windows] section under the LOAD= and RUN= and if there is anything on those likes, then either remove them or place a ( in front of the line.

If you do not have any entry in there, then you need to check the registry, if you know how to and feel confortable, then look under the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/windows/CurrentVersion/Run
    and delete the key that you think might be causing the problem..What I do is backup the registry and then delete one key at a time until I find the one..then re-install the backup registry...

Thread Information