MS Excel - "Rows to repeat at top" - repeating incorrectly ?

Thread: MS Excel - "Rows to repeat at top" - repeating incorrectly ?

Just south of the Poconos in Pennsylvania

MS Excel - "Rows to repeat at top" - repeating incorrectly ?

If my spreadsheet runs to a second page I normally like to repeat my headings for the columns. I have noticed though that if I select rows 1, 2 and 3 to repeat at the top of the next page I also get a part of row 4. If row 4 has no background color set I can increase the height of row 4 and make sure the data is set to "bottom" on alignment. This will allow me to set the row headings to repeat for 1, 2 and 3 and when a part of row 4 prints because I have increased the row height and set the alignment to "bottom" you do not see part of row 4 on each page, but if there is a background color set for row 4 then you will see that background color on each page. It seems it is only printing about 1/4 of the row height on each page starting from the top of the row downward.

Has anyone else experienced this before. It seems to be specific to PC. I have not been able to find a setting in Excel to correct this problem.

Thanks so much

Mark

Mark, that is weird and I haven't seen it before.
    Is it occuring on every spreadsheet you create?
    What O/S and Office Version?
    What sort of Printer?
    What size paper?
    Does it happen if your spreadsheet runs to a third (or more) pages?
    Are any cells vertically merged?
    Are there any cell borders set?

Not quite 20 questions
    Let me know... I may ask you to send me an example on this one later as I am very curious what could cause this.

------------------
    Sean (Smurfy)
    Please remember that others may need to know the outcome of your problem so please keep us updated.
    smurfy
    Linux Counter #318033 Free yourself - Get Linux now
    Running:
    Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Mandriva, FedoraCore, Debian, Slackware and various Windows versions

smurfy - I did start a new file and recreated a page so it would continue to the next page. This does not happen with the new file. nothing repeats on the next page. On the present file, yes, this occurs on every page after the first page. I have 13 pages and it appears on every single page.

This PC - Windows 95B
    MS Excel 97
    While this prints also like this it also appears in PREVIEW mode on Excel so I do not think the printer has much to do with this.
    As far as cell borders, yes, most of borders in the way of lines. Vertically merged, not to my knowledge.

Thanks
    Mark

Mark, I've tried my damndest to replicate this on a W95b xl97 setup and can't do it.

Are you able to email me that spreadsheet (confidentiality guaranteed) and I'll take a look for you.

I'm tempted to agree that it's a PC specific problem - probably a printer setup issue - note the print preview reflects the printer ability as much as Excel's.

------------------
    Sean (Smurfy)
    Please remember that others may need to know the outcome of your problem so please keep us updated.
    smurfy
    Running:
    Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Mandriva, FedoraCore, Debian, Slackware and various Windows versions

Smurfy
    I will try and get the time to pull the confidential numbers off the sheet and forward to you.

Now I know what you mean by the preview showing what the printer will print. Okay, thanks

Mark

Smurfy - I don't see that you have a link for your email address. Would like to email you the file if I could please.

Thanks
    Mark

Sorry Mark, it's on the main Sorftwar Forum list page at the top (click on any moderators name to send mail to) but it's smurfynz@netscape.net
    smurfy
    Running:

Thread Information