April 14th, 2001, 02:10 AM
Excel-repeat print area
I have over 200 different Excel files that I need to print only a certain selection of each (the same cells). Is there a way to tell each page to print only that certain space without having to highlight each one and then hit print selection?
This would save me TONS of time if possible!
April 14th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Hello KZ, yes there is a way, this is exactly the type of job the Excel macro recorder is designed for.
- Open one workbook.
- Before selecting any print areas etc, go Tools>Macro>Record New Macro
- Give the macro a name (eg: Print_Specific_Area)
- Change "This workbook" to Personal Macro Workbook in the "store macro in" field.
- Highlight your cells you want to print in the normal way.
- Go File/Print/tick the "selection" radio button under "Print What"
- Press the stop recording button on the macro toolbar that appeared when you started recording.
Now this will be available to you whenever you want to print that area of cells.
To activate it, go tools/Macro/Macros to see the list of available macros and RUN the selected one.
You can assign the macro to a customised toolbar button if you like. This is also a relatively simple procedure.
- Right click a toolbar and select "Customise"
- Click "commands" tab
- Scroll down to Macros
- Click on the smiley face and drag it onto your Standard toolbar
- Right click on the smiley face and select "Assign Macro"
- Select the macro you recorded
- Right Click again and enter a name for the button (will appear in tooltips)
- Close the customisation box
You will now have a button to click to print the desired area instantly.
Please remember that others may need to know the outcome of your problem so please keep us updated.
April 14th, 2001, 10:22 AM
I'll give that a try and let you know if I have any questions.
April 14th, 2001, 10:55 AM
That did the trick. That will save me a lot of time. I hadn't used macros much before, but will now.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)