blank windows in ie6

Thread: blank windows in ie6

blank windows in ie6

For some strange reason, when I try to open a window from a link in the main window of the browser, it doesn't open. It just gets the outline of the window shape and is "see through" blank in the middle. It stays that way though the hour-glass continues to suggest it is trying to open. Any ideas? Thanks. Jerry

Call your ISP for connectivity problems and:

Update your antivirus, temporarily disable your screen saver (choose None) and scan with your anti-virus set to scan All Files. Update and scan bi-monthly. Create your anti-virus' Rescue disk(s) and update them after each Windows anti-virus update.

You can scan on-line to double-check your Windows scanner at http://housecall.antivirus.com

*** Mandatory (get a firewall of any brand) - Get free Zone Alarm personal firewall anti-hacker countermeasure from http://www.zonelabs.com. (not the ZA Pro demo) Don't let anything out to the Internet you don't know what it is. The terrorist hope you don't use a firewall, quaranteed. If you don't they pass messages and programs through your computer using Trojan Horse programs without your knowledge when your only on-line for minutes. Ask your ISP if the problem does or does not exist. It does!

------------------
    "Freedom is man's capacity to take a hand in his own development. It is our capacity to mold ourselves."
    - Rollo May
    I apologise for stating something you already know.

This is a very common problem.

I'm assuming you don't have a popupkiller installed, or some application blocking Javascript, that might be responsible for this?

If none of this applies, there are three main fixes that between them solve almost al New Window problems:

First, go to IE tools/internet options/programs and turn on the check box for IE to check if it is the default browser. Shut down and restart IE. When it asks to be default browser, say yes.

Now go to Start/Run, an type regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    Press enter.
    Note: you should see a brief message that the dll has been successfully registered.

Next, fire up Internet Explorer, and Click Tools/Internet Options/Programs, and then click "Reset Web Settings".
    Now, check to see if Web links work like they should.

Many running Windows 98/ME in combination with IE 5.5 or 6.0 have also reported that reverting back to an older oleaut32.dll version from their CD did the trick.

So, if no joy, my next advice is to restore Oleaut32.dll from your Windows CD-ROM with System File Checker: How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files

Good luck, Tony

Thanks for the help. I did have to do the extraction but it worked well and everything is back to "normal". Jerry

Thread Information