NEW ISP NEEDED WITH FREE TECH CALL

Thread: NEW ISP NEEDED WITH FREE TECH CALL

NEW ISP NEEDED WITH FREE TECH CALL

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A NEW ISP AT THE MOMENT I HAVE AOL.
    I WOULD LIKE ONE THAT IS ABOUT THE SAME MONTHLY PRICE AS AOL £14.99 STERLING AND HAS 24 HOUR UNLIMITED ACCESS WITH A FREEPHONE TECHNICAL HELP.
    OR EVEN 24 HOUR UNLIMITED FOR FREE WITH FREE TECH LINE

Please turn off your CAPS lock key.

I'd consentrate on finding a good ISP then you won't have to worry about support. I've been with www.attglobal.net for five + years.

------------------
    Be sure and visit me at our sister site. SysOpt
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Hey!, thanks Steve R Jones for that. I will look into the site, and will let you know what i decide.

Hi there,

I think you'd be hard pushed finding free tech support in the UK with free dialup. (and even if you did, there's no guarentee its going to be good tech support!!).
    As far as I've seen Freeserve seems to be a more reliabe service. There is also Libertysurf (which has a 0800 tech support), but the service has problems (to the point it was highlighted a few times in BBC's watchdog).

I'd consider Freeserve, but I'm sure there's punters out there who could probably recommend others..

Thanks Steved, yes, I think Freeserve is ok I know that tech is 50p per min, but I do have the Freeserve disk.

It would appear that a lot of ISPs make their money on support calls. In my experience most connection and email problems are software configuration problems not unique to that ISP, so you can come here with any queries !

I too am on Freeserve and am happy with their service, but I never need to phone them fortunately.

------------------
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself

Thanks for your reply Utility Man it seems as thats the one for me.

Originally posted by whittyandy:
    Thanks for your reply Utility Man it seems as thats the one for me.
    Utilityman you're right there...I find the support here brilliant. Plus I know for a fact that there a few Support Techs like myself that use this site. Therefore I'd use this site and others like it as a first port of call before calling 50p a minute lines....pretty expensive, especially when the tech is just out of training!!!

Hi there guys,

I'm forever checking out http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ to see if any new isp pops up offering a cool deal. It's an independant site so it won't be biased to a particular ISP. They have reviews of all the major (and some minor) ISP's, how reliable they are, what they charge [if anything] for Tech Support and so on.

You may also want to check this out.

BTW, I'm on NTL and it's totally free (if you get cable, but I haven't subscribed to any of their packages as I've got SkyDigital) and they don't charge more than the 'normal' BT line rental. So, all in all I pay for line rental and get net access free 24/7!
    Two points though:
    There's a two-hour cut-off period
    From mid Feburary they are going to start charging existing members £5/month and £10 for new subscribers
    Well, it's still better than forking out £15!

Mo

------------------
    You Are The Weakest Link...Goodbye!

Goldust's InTech | Moderator at AmazingTechs

goldust thanks for the reply, I will have a look into that site you posted.
    I have in fact now joined up with Freeserve.
    Lets all keep our fingers crossed

Thread Information