UN-USED DLL Cleaner!

Thread: UN-USED DLL Cleaner!

Thumbs up

www.theabsolute.net/sware/index.html#clnsys

THIS IS THE BEST PROGRAM I HAVE EVER FOUND FOR FINDING UN-NEEDED DLLs on my computer! (I have been looking for such a program as I always have thought I had extra DLLs on here from stuff i dont have anymore)

It says that 112 of my 660 DLL files are not needed......

I found this listed in this thread: (THANK YOU VERNON) http://discussions.virtualdr.com/showthread.php?t=94600

Alot of links in that thread ARE NOT VALID ANYMORE so i didnt wanna reply to it.. (Then ppl would have a valid reason to complain and I dont want that to happen (I usually only reply to old threads IF THE LINKS ARE STILL VALID IN THEM))

I definetly recommend this!!!!!

EDIT:

The scanning is TOO GOOD in this!!

I saw 2 DLLs listed that I know I do need! (1 is for task manager)

I moved them to the programs folder then tried stuff..... When i opened any folder,the left hand side was gone (Where it says what folder your viewing)

I just put all DLLs back...... This is an excellent program BUT THE SCANNING IS BASIC and unreliable
    Last edited by Dude111; May 1st, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    This is an excellent program BUT THE SCANNING IS BASIC and unreliable
    Then it's not an excellent program. Many folks without your savvy will just be tossing out dll's they need.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

The very best way to create a serious disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy
    Then it's not an excellent program. Many folks without your savvy will just be tossing out dll's they need.
    Indeed!!!!

If they are gonna make a program like this,IT SHOULD BE AS RELIABLE AS POSSIBLE!

I didnt try every program I have to see if anything said DLLs were missing so i dont know..... I suppose i could have opened everything and just PUT BACK was was needed but it just seemed to be much of a pain!

Thread Information