runtime error R6003-integer divide by zero'

Thread: runtime error R6003-integer divide by zero'

runtime error R6003-integer divide by zero'

Hey Guys,
    Got this little DOS game that fits on one floppy. I have copied it onto a few different computers and it works fine, except on one, a Win98 machine where I get the error message shown above. I have run it on other Win 98,95 & 3.11 machines. The machine in question runs other DOS programs just fine. I have even copied back the folder from this machine and the copy runs fine so there is nothing wrong with the program files. I gather it has to be something specific to this machine, but what could cause this? I've done a 'search' already here and on the Win 98 forum and have not found an answer relative to me. It seems different things can cause this error.
    Any ideas?
    Dave

------------------
    Windows Tips *** Help others less fortunate.
    *** Help others less fortunate.

JESUS IS LORD !

Are you running it in a DOS window or frome a pure command line?

If in Windows my first guess might be video hardware accelleration. Drop it down as far as it will go & reboot. Try it then

Also try running it in the painstakingly created boot icon. Does it work then?

Let us know

------------------
    Keep it simple!
    In the beginning there was the command line

It can be speed problem also. Some old programs can not run on new fast machines. Did this Win98 machine faster then all other?

------------------
    Good luck, Igor
    Good luck, Igor

DOS Window, or command line It doesn't matter. I'll check video acceleration, although it's just a 4mb video card, and I've run it on a machine with 8mb and no problems. This machine doesn't have a DOS icon, like mine now does, but I've specified boot files when running in windows, still screws up. It doesn't need a sound card or mouse. Uses PC Speaker and keyboard. CPU speed also not an issue. This is on a 233mhz machine and I have run it sucessfully on a 500mhz machine with no problems.

What is the nature of the error? Where does the 'divide by zero' part of it come in?
    Dave

------------------

JESUS IS LORD !

PC,
    Just read your post in the 'Other Software' forum for the guy having a game problem. Coincidentally this machine also has an ATI card, so the video acceleration may be it. I will be able to get on it later today and check it out.
    Dave

------------------

JESUS IS LORD !

Yep I remember that one
    Also try adding the line
    DEVBmp=0 to the [Display] section of the system.ini file & restart. If the display section does not exist make it.

This could also be a speed issue as Igor suggests

------------------
    Keep it simple!

[This message has been edited by PCSolutions (edited 05-05-2001).]
    In the beginning there was the command line

I'll try that line in system.ini file when I get a chance to get on that machine again. But what does it do?
    And as I posted earlier, I have run this program on a 500mhz machine with no problem, and this is just a 233mhz machine in question.

Dave

------------------

JESUS IS LORD !

Thread Information