Connect TWO WIN2K Server PCs

Thread: Connect TWO WIN2K Server PCs

I am running WIN2K on two PCs. I want to connect them. I have the NICs installed, a 4-port mini-hub. It worked using WINDOWS NT.

What do I do to most easily let these two PCs view/access each others files?

Cardinal,

By Default , Windows 2K machines are invisible or hidden to others on the network.

To share files/folders, right click on the drive you want to share, click on "Sharing" and you'll be on the Sharing TAB.

You will see a C$, the dollar sign makes it invisible.
    See abutton that says " New Share" and click on it. and rename it C with NO dollar sign.

And that should make your drive visible to the other computer, and then do the smae with the OTHER computer. vice versa

From server2:

You can connect and check the connectivity by Entering \\Servername1 in the start-run command in server 2.

If both of the machines can talk to eachother the it will prompt for a valid username and password for server 1.

If only these two machines are connected, check the received packet status(LAN status) by right clicking on the network neighborhood, right click the properties and select status. Your received status should atleast 1.

Thread Information