[RESOLVED] Mouse will not drag/drop, copy/paste, or open links

Thread: [RESOLVED] Mouse will not drag/drop, copy/paste, or open links

debbie Guest

Mouse will not drag/drop, copy/paste, or open links

I had to reinstall Win95osr25 (don't ask!!). I reloaded the USB supplement and I believe I checked all my hardware devices for required drivers (video, sound, keyboard, etc.) Everything seems to be working fine except the mouse. It will not drag/drop, it will not copy/paste, it will not open links or attachments within documents (e-mail, some web sites, etc.) Please, I need some help.

It sounds like a Registry problem.
    Try this if you have the System.1st file in your boot drive.
    Backup your registry.
    Reboot
    Start in Safe-Mode Command Promt
    type REGEDIT /C System.1st
    This may take while.
    Reboot.

TheGorx
    http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/gorx/windows.html

debbie Guest
    Thanks thegorx. Since I am a novice at this computer stuff I wasn't quite comfortable with your solution.

I looked through a few more topics on this site and thought maybe my version of IE was causing the problem.

When I reinstalled Win95, IE3 was also reinstalled. When I tried to upgrade back to IE5, I received an error stating I already had a newer version installed. Yet whenever I launched IE, the version I was launching was 3.0. If I remember correctly, I uninstalled IE5, re-setup IE4 from my desktop, and then reinstalled IE5. Everything appeared to be working....except for my mouse.

What I did tonight was uninstall IE5, downloaded and installed IE4.01. Now my mouse is working fine.

I think I will wait awhile before I try and upgrade to IE5.

WhitPhil Guest
    Debbie:
    In case you haven't seen this thread, I think it will resolve your problem.,

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/For...ML/006246.html

Thread Information