I installed Windows 2000 on my computer about 2 weeks ago and everything has been running fine. I was working on my computer yesterday when it completely crashed and the Ctrl + Alt + Del feature wouldn’t work. I had no choice but to turn the computer off as nothing was responding. Scandisk ran and found no errors so I assumed everything was OK. I then logged back onto my computer (Using Novell) and when my desktop loaded up all my icons were missing apart from at the standard "My Computer" & "Recycle Bin" icons. I then checked the “My Documents” folder and ALL of my work was gone!!! When I checked the User Account my account had been deleted and had been recreated by Novell. I lost all my work (About 600MB worth) and found it extremely annoying. I ran Data recovery software on my Pc to try and recover the lost files but there is no sign of it.

Now every time I logon to my computer all-personal settings is lost, all data deleted and software I installed as myself is gone. Does anybody know why Windows 2000 keeps deleting my profile? The computer is my work computer and since I started getting this problem 5 other users have been affected. We have run the latest virus software on all the computers and no Viruses were detected. Does anybody have any ideas????

------------------
I AM MINT!!!!