Where 2 find BIOS version in Win2K?

Thread: Where 2 find BIOS version in Win2K?

Where 2 find BIOS version in Win2K?

Anyone,
    Do you know where I find my BIOS version stated in Win2k? I'm unsure how to access it @ startup. The "fastdetect" boot tweak is activated in my boot.ini file, and since I accidentally moved it from my "c:" folder to "c:\winnt" folder I cannot change it's attributes in DOS. (What a mess, I know!) (I'm looking to change my default boot drive to run an EBD and repartition & reformat w/Fdisk). Would appreciate any input.

You Could try to use the basic keys Like Del key as soon you unit come on or the F1 Key as soon you see the light on.
    For the Boot.INI you could use the backup copy on the W2K CD but you have to change the boot.in_ to boot.ini when you copy it to C:\.
    One more thing you could use the Pause/Break key to pause the display while it is booting up too.
    That's what I got and hopefully it will works.

You can go to Start>>control panel and click on system..go to the advanced tab and select start up and recovery...from there you can disable fast detect,,,good luck

kickin_it is not just a hip or cool name it is what i suggest you do if all else fails " boot the MF "

Thread Information