This is really strange problem, and may not be related to the operating system but it is still interestingly weird.

My mouse purrs. When ever I use the mouse to move the scroll bars, I hear this purring sound; kind of like soft muffles clicks. The problem is, it also sound like a muffled stomach gurgling; like when your hungry and your stomach makes a noise. Therein lies the problem, everytime my stomach hears this noise it tightens up. Really creepy. This is the only mouse operation that makes a noise.

I check [Control Panel] [Sound] and there is no sound assigned to the scroll bars; I have almost all the sounds turned off. It happens in every application. I tried rerouting my mouse cord in case I was getting some crosstalk. No change.

I know this isn't a big problem, I just keep the speakers off unless I really need sound. But when the speakers are on, it really turns my stomach. Other than this and the normal routine Windows crashes; the computer works fine. By the way, the mouse I use is a 'scroll' mouse. It has a thumb buttom that allows me to scroll in 8 directions. It's made by 'unknown' and sold by CompUSA.

Any thoughts?