Can't play MIDI's with AWE64 Gold...

Thread: Can't play MIDI's with AWE64 Gold...

Can't play MIDI's with AWE64 Gold...

I am having trouble with MIDI files using AWE64 Gold and NT4, SP3. Everything else seems to be working fine but I cannot play MIDI files. When I double click a MIDI file it opens the player and appears to be playing but no audio is coming out. Also, when I try to run the AWE Control, it gives me an error " Invalid MIDI Driver(SBAWE32.DRV) AWE Manager has a problem trying to acquire the MIDI driver. Check if the correct driver is installed."

Any suggestions?

Thanks

------------------
    Kurt Raihn
    Kurt Raihn

Well you will be pleased to know I've sorted the problem out. If anyone has already sussed it or rebuilt their PC to fix it then great. I found that if you search your hard drive, preferably the one with the system on it, then you will find a file called 'aweman32.dll'. This file is the one responsible for the problem not the 'sbawe32.drv'.

What you need to do is look for another file of the same name that is a later version of the dll. It's somewhere around 44k I think. I did this fix last night and so the finer details might be a little sketchy, but simply swap the larger of the 'aweman32.dll' into the windows\system folder or winnt\system32 whichever platform you run.

This change will take effect instantly and you shouldn't have any problem with driver conflicts and you won't need to reboot.

Once you have done this then run your AWE Control Panel, Vienna or whatever you're having trouble with and everything should be okay.

If not then my name is Bill Gates.

------------------
    Chris Oakley - The Australian for Stupid
    Chris Oakley - The Australian for Stupid

aweman32.dll

I have same poblem. Have anyone AWEMN32.DLL greather than 35k ??

Thanks you

correct

AWEMAN32.DLL

Thread Information